SOOOOO! I'll try to keep this brief. Sunday was nice, I met lots and lots of people! Communicating wasn't quite as difficult as I thought'd be. Monday we met Max and hung out with him in the afternoon. He looks like a vampire with his pointy teeth....but he's cool :P Except that we mostly talked in English (forgive me!) because he simply could not speak slowly while speaking Swedish! Gah! It was fun, though. :) On Tuesday, we started Lisa's MoPed (it hadn't been used for ten months), went to the Lidingö Centrum (mall, essentially), rode her bike to a park by the water to join a picnic with her Swedish classmates.
At the picnic I met some more of Lisa's friends and got to see some of the ones I met at the Utspringet (seniors running out of the school) again. We met Laura, Ida, Erlin, Agnes...oi, that's all I remember. O.o But it was great! I got to get to know Ida a little better, and I really like her. She reminds me a little bit of Krytal and a lot of Michaela. (I have probably now spelled many names wrong...sorry!) After eating we played Kubb, Sweden's "national sport", haha! There are two teams, and each stands on a side and sets up a line of little cube thingy-ma-jiggers, and there is a big block, the "king", in the middle. The teams take turns throwing sticks to knock over the other team's cubes, and to sum it up in really basic terms, once a team gets all of the other team's cubes down, they have to knock down the king, and then they win. It's actually a ton of fun!
After that, we walked back home and got on the MoPed again, and Lisa took me to the place where they give vaccinations, and I got a vaccination for TBE, which comes from the ticks here. It doesn't exist in the US, so yeah...Then I met Pauline! She's incredibly sweet, and we all sat in a tree and talked! :)
Wednesday, we went to Sara and Elsa's Avslutingar (basically graduations- they have one after each grade). They got all dressed up and both looked so lovely! Then Elsa had plans, but Lisa, Sara and I made a blueberry-banana-vanillasauce-icecream-etc milkshake and went on a walk with the dogs, dear little Selma and Alfonz, and then we went swimming! Okay, kind of. I didn't actually swim. Kottlasjön is dark and cold...and you get into it by sliding down a big slippery rock. When one is not at all certain of his or her swimming skills, one tends to have a problem with that. So I kind of just stood there in a crack in the rock so I wouldn't fall. Sara and Lisa went further in, and said that it was warmer out there...but I was scared. Meh. :/ If we go again, I hope that I will be a little braver and take out my floaty device to help me in the big scary black water. ^^
Thursday...oh, today! Right. Today, Lisa introduced me to the subway! Weeee! Actually, the subway trains were not that exciting. They're pretty much just like the Trax in Salt Lake. But the underground stations are all designed differently and they can be quite fascinating!
Oops....I just keep getting less and less brief, don't I? Well, this is important stuff! We went to Gamla Stan (Old Town)! I saw the old castles and the streets that they say were washed in blood when the Danes ambushed Gustav Vasa, and the Royal Palace of course! I really don't know what to say about it all....look at the pictures on Facebook. ^^ Ooh, and guess what! I spoke Japanese today! Haha! It was actually quite funny. I wanted a picture of Lisa and me together, but the only lady around was Japanese. I said to Lisa that we should ask her, and Lisa was thinking, "Um, I don't think she'll understand..." But I spoke Japanese and she was much obliged! It was actually INCREDIBLY difficult. :/ I'm totally losing my Japanese....but my Swedish is getting better! I understood more of what Max said today, though that might just have been that he was talking slower. Anywats.


After looking at Gamla Stan, we met Elsa and shopped for a while before meeting with their dad and looking for a new phone for Elsa. Then we came home, ate, and hung out with friends. And now it's about time for bed. ^^

Love to all of you!
<3
1 comments:
sorubu wa totemo kawaii! nihongo no sukiru wa dame desu yo! haha! Demo totemo kawaii!
Glad to hear you are using what little you remember traitor! :P
Post a Comment