I am the worst blogger in the world, I know! Sometimes I wonder why I even bother...but I suppose I will march forward and continue trying to show you dear Utahns that I am alive. I was planning on eventually starting from the beginning (five weeks ago, my arrival) and giving you all every important detail...but, well...that's a long time ago. So the least I can do is start documenting now rather than putting of now for the sake of before. If that makes sense.
So anywats! The most recent event of importance would probably be Allsång På Skansen! Allsång På Skansen is a marvelous program, where hundreds and hundreds of Swedes gather at Skansen (the historical museum and animal park) and sing Swedish songs together! For eight weeks in the summer, on Tuesday some famous artists gather and sing their big numbers and then some traditional Swedish songs. And this last Tuesday, the 12th, Lisa, Trevor, Max and I joined in the fun! I had to make up for my lost Swedish prepubescent years, ya know? ;)

See? That's Max and me on the left there, and that's Måns, the fantastic Master of Ceremonies for this year. Lisa has a fantastic picture of me and him (okay, his back) that just screams 'fan girl', but I haven't gotten that from her yet.
For those of you (everyone basically?) who haven't ever watched Allsång på Skansen, I would recommend it! You can watch the one that I went to here.
Trevor is wearing a bright turquoise blue shirt which makes us pretty easy to spot. You can see us (by the white dance platform) several times, such as when the dancers climb onto it, and pretty much any time the cameras show the dancers. After 'Någonting att äta, någonting att dricka', when Måns himself also walks up to the platform, you can see us smiling behind him (as pictured above!). Then comes the last song, Veronica Maggio's 'Välkommen in', where at one point you can see me (on Max's shoulders) as a blurry little figure tossing my head around in the background. Haha!
If you're going to watch nothing else of it, then check out this one number below: Veronica Maggio with 'Jag Kommer'! It's sort of been the theme song of this summer, constantly on the radio and in our heads. We're not visible in this video but it's still fantastic!
0 comments:
Post a Comment